Contributors
Replies
Views
5 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by javanoob101

Firstly you need to check the specification of your computer motherboard. Actually you can install 2+1 gb ram but sometimes error occurred due different memory size. But you should install same frequency of ram properly on both slot.

i would put the 1 GB RAM modules in the firt slot (slot 0) then put the other 2GB module in the other slot just to be safe. other than that, i've never had a probplem with different sized RAM.

javanoob101

i have never really had a problem with different RAM sizes, but every motherboard is different thus they will support different amounts of RAM...

javanoob101

the specs in my motherboard says that one slot supports upto 1GB only . so it's not safe to install 2GB in one slot right ?

Edited by archie.herbias: wrong word was used

That is something that i have come across in my computer, my mobo manual says i can have only 8 GB of ram-- I don't have the money or the time to buy more ram and find out for you but I don't really see the problem, install it and see if it boots, if it does see if the mobo can use all 2GB. if the mobo says only 1 GB per slot, it might just use 1 GB out of the 2 GB module you have. Try it and let us know!

javanoob101

This question has already been answered. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.