Hi all, thanks for reading this thread.
Recently my Acer Aspire 5552WXMi stated to act weird. Here are the problems:

- After watching avi movie files on Windows Media Player 11 (version 11.0.5721.5230), I try to close the application (pressing the "X" button, or right click & "close" command or the alt+f4, the laptop screen flashes for about half a second, before turning completely black.

- While the screen had turned black, all laptop funtions seize to work; ctrl+alt+del fails, caps lock/num lock lights fail to light up when the keys are pressed, & mouse cursor dissapears. It is as if it froze with a black screen.

- The screen turns black ONLY after watching video files (WMP, and sometimes Real Player). No other applications causes this problem (Word, Internet Explorer, etc). The laptop functions normally when not watching video files or during startup.

So far, my only solution to get rid of the black blank screen is to force shut-down my laptop by holding down the power button for a few seconds, before starting back up again.

The most annoying part is this: everytime when i try to close Windows Media Player, there is about a 50-50 chance that the screen will turn black. Other times Windows Media Player closes normally.

I'm not sure if its Windows Media Player 11's fault, or my graphic card, or something else, but either way, this is a problem that needs some fixing.

Laptop Specs:
Intel Core Duo T2300E 1.66GHz
1022MB RAM
Windows XP Home Edition SP2
BIOS: Ver 1.00PARTTBLq
ATI Radeon X1300 graphics card

If any more specs are needed, i'll be happy to provide them.

Thanks in advance!!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.