I just installed SBS 2003 on a Dell PowerEdge SC440. This is a home server. I need sound. I tried an M-Audio Audiophile 2496 but couldn't get the driver to install. I tried some work-arounds that were suggested to no avail.

So, anyone know of a sound card that will work and not give me tons of install problems? I'm not really a techie so the simpler the better.

Contributors
Replies
Views
10 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by TheNNS

any mainstream video card should work fine. But you might want to check the manufacturer's website to see if they have drivers for server 2003

any mainstream video card should work fine. But you might want to check the manufacturer's website to see if they have drivers for server 2003

I haven't yet found a manufacturer who has drivers for SBS 2003 though I have to admit that I haven't specifically checked EVERY manufacturer. Google searches haven't turned up anything. I contacted the retailer who sold me the M-Audio card to ask him if he knew of any cards that were supported for SBS 2003 and he knew of none. I sent a message to Creative asking if they do and they said no. I know people have done it so I'd like some advice before I go buy another card only to find there is no work-around for that one either.

I installed XP on the second drive and my M-Audio card/drivers work fine. I have other problems with that configuration however. See 'Using same ethernet card for SBS 2003 and XP' under Networking>Networking Hardware.

small buisness server 2003 and windows server 2003 are pratically the same, so ask around for a card that has drivers for windwos server 2003 instead.

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.