Hi there I have this problem on how to access the website/server without using IP address
im using xampp as a trial for this. im always using IP's instead of names. I would like to know more on how to customize my Public Static IP(121.xxx.xxx.xxx) to name(www.mysite.localserver) like that

Contributors
Replies
Views
1 Year
Discussion Span
Last Post by rproffitt

Sorry for the late reply.

I just want to view my site outside my home but i want to set my ownsite name. Like www.mysite.com is that posible? I heard of No-ip.com but it comes a subdomain. and using my routers Dynamic_DNS cost some money. is it possible to have my site free?

You'll have to google up free dynamic dns offers but your site is indeed free (somewhat) since you are hosting it. Some folk forget that powering some old 200+ Watt desktop costs money too. Surprise? I took down my old web server years ago for that reason and just remote access a drive on my router now. The Watts for that is about 0.5 Watts or less.

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.