Hi,

If I use Paypal, I don't need to implement any security features in my website. All happens in Paypal's website. (I hope what I am saying here is correct!)

What is the the difference between Paypal method and using normal banks like Barclays, Natwest, HSBS, RBS etc. Moneywise please. Do I have to also pay security companies to secure my page if I use banks.

Or should I use 3rd part websites like Sage?

Your opinions, what is the best option?

Thanks

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

The use of third party gateways can work "I use one for a few of my sites" and if a person does not have to put in any personal info on your site like their credit card info, then no you do not need an SSL for your site. One of the major downfalls of using a third party gateway like Paypal is if that visitor has has a bad experience with them, they will not buy from you. Not having your own gateway also tends to show you do not plan on hanging around for long and you're more of a here today, gone tomorrow, as many sites are. You would be better off, to be honest, to provide your visitors a few different payment options, one being credit cards through your own gateway, while also offering, "depending on your location" Paypal, Google checkout, checks, money orders etc." I would in all cases make sure you have terminal access so you can include a printable order form that can be faxed or snail mailed to you. The terminal access will allow you to charge against their credit card manually, as some people do not like to enter into any transactions online. Many people forget this option.

Hi,

If I use Paypal, I don't need to implement any security features in my website. All happens in Paypal's website. (I hope what I am saying here is correct!)

What is the the difference between Paypal method and using normal banks like Barclays, Natwest, HSBS, RBS etc. Moneywise please. Do I have to also pay security companies to secure my page if I use banks.

Or should I use 3rd part websites like Sage?

Your opinions, what is the best option?

Thanks

I am also running an e-business website and I am using 3rd party for payment option due to following reasons.

1 - More secure
2- easy to use
3- easy to install
4 - customer satisfication

Yeah but when you try to implement other bank code then required https server and many other configuration too.

Best is paypal

It's much easier to get a 3rd part account, like you can sign up with paypal or others in just a few min and start accepting payments but if you go direct to banks you will need a lot of paperwork and you must have transactions in volumes for them to be interested, besides the code implementation would require a team of programmers... just not worth it for small businesses.

I have used Paypa as payment on my site for 2 years, it is easier and safer

better use paypal for payments for more security purposes.

Which is best E-Commerce software that i can use to make our client payments. Is there any have except pay pall. Because pay pall is not relay able now a days.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.