i m small web development company today my 2 clients have asked to develop ecommerce website. now i dont have idea to develop ecommerce site should i go fot it can u help me out

they want one in us and other in uk
they want to show their product along with categories on page with rates people log in register themselves and go shooping after they check out pay thorugh through various options so even my cleints also need reports

i want following features

i m small web development company today my 2 clients have asked to develop ecommerce website. now i dont have idea to develop ecommerce site should i go fot it can u help me out

they want one in us and other in uk
they want to show their product along with categories on page with rates people log in register themselves and go shooping after they check out pay thorugh through various options so even my cleints also need reports

i want following features

1 manage inventory
2 manage catalogue
3 manage pricing
4 manage order management
5 discount
6 shipping charges
7 coupons etc
i have got godaddy hsoting account n i have also got templets also n programming in asp.net what r zencarts etc

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Get Zen-Cart. It's free and kinda gives you an Idea how to work around an eCommerce Program.

Evaluate an open source shopping cart and use it for a week or so to test out all the functions. Open source carts may work out better for you if your client wants you to make changes to their functionality. There are plenty of them out there like Zen Cart, OSCommerce, etc.

Hope this helps.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.