I just started with image processing concepts and cannot decide upon a platform to try examples on. The two most commonly used platforms are Matlab and C# (using Aforge libraries). I know a bit of both and learning the syntax will not be a problem. Which one should I go for and what are its pros and cons?

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

mmmm, working in real life applications will lead you to use in common matlab librabries and may be in front end c# form, I don't know software vendor has written image processing libraries like matlab!! their lgorithms is fast may be you found some faster than them, try to comapre in that time but all in all don't re-write something aleardy made.

After doing some searching I have come to know that Matlab has excellent libraries but C# is much faster. I will try using Matlab libraries with C# as the front end. Thanks for your reply.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.