I have studied sql. I know what is relational database. I wanna konw how we store the data in a relational database and how to query the data when we emplement a "select" statement Is there a open source relational data base? I wanna konw the data structure of the relational database. I have searched the net, but no result. Anyone can propose me some articles or books that has data structure and algorithms teached?

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

>Is there a open source relational data base?
MySQL.

Agree with narue, mysql is a very good open source database. What are you looking for about your select statement that is different than the rest?

Hi
There are 2 ways for Data bases as i know ,,

1: Is writing queries ......
2: Knowing the actual details of implementation in terms of Data Structures..
Refer Any Data structure book and study B+,B2,B-hash,Tree ,,,all these data structures...
After that writer a programs that embed these techniques for simple insertion,deletion,update..Do u understand..Tell me If this helps...

Hi
There are 2 ways for Data bases as i know ,,

1: Is writing queries ......
2: Knowing the actual details of implementation in terms of Data Structures..
Refer Any Data structure book and study B+,B2,B-hash,Tree ,,,all these data structures...
After that writer a programs that embed these techniques for simple insertion,deletion,update..Do u understand..Tell me If this helps...

Your comments are helpful. Do you know a real open source database that i can learn from to know more knowladge about B+,B2 tree and other data structure?

>Do you know a real open source database that i can learn from
MySQL isn't real? A good way to irritate the people who try to help you is ignoring them completely.

Asking a question on a forum where you don't seem to read the reponses.

If you want to know how a database actually works on a low level just consult a comp/sci textbook. Fundementally hashes, indexes, trees, linked lists are the key concepts involved. How they are actually used varies on implementation.

>Do you know a real open source database that i can learn from
MySQL isn't real? A good way to irritate the people who try to help you is ignoring them completely.

Hi, I am so sorry to have irritated you. Your suggestion is helpful, thanks

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.