I had the idea in my head to write a program that would let you select more than one image you want to set as your windows desktop wallpaper and have it rotate it every day, or every time you boot up or something similar. I really don't know where to begin with this though. If anyone can point me in the direction I need to go I'd appreciate it. Would I have to write a program that changed a setting in the registry? Anyone who knows of a book that would help me get started o ranything that'd be great. Thank you. (P.S. I am familiar w/ c/c++ and I have Visual Studio .NET)

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

I know that somewhere in the registry it has the Windows wallpaper. I am originally suspecting that a small program which loads at startup could change this value. However, it wouldn't take effect until the next time you restarted the machine (right?) So maybe each time Windows loads, your program will set the next boot-up's image? So the current wallpaper that you'll see would always be predetermined during the last Windows boot.

Darn, I have seen those little program codes float around and never saved one. You need to google, it should uncover one of them. Got to narrow it down from just "wallpaper" though, or you get 99% BS!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.