Hi i'm not sure what to do or who to sepak to, but basically i've installed the following program but it won't open:
Sony Digital Voice Editor Ver.2.13
When i re-start my computer it opens and then closes by itself. Then afterwards when i try to reopen the program nothing happens. it worked o my computer before it was sent away to be fixed by the manufacturers and re-set to factory settings but won't work anymore.

Please Help i need it for work, and work said they can't help me as they have said that everyone who has installed the program has not had any problems.
Thanx

Recommended Answers

All 10 Replies

Use Explorer or My Computer to find its folder on your hard drive. It'll probably be in you \Program files directory, and in a folder called Siny or Digital Voice Editor. You may need to do a bit of hunting.

Then use Add/Remove programs to uninstall it. Go back to the program folder and if there's anything at all in it then delete it.

Then reinstall the program and see if it works.

I've done both of these things, even after un-install i have deleted the sony file from the my programs folder but still it does not work, is there something on my computer preventing it from opening?

I've also tried the program on another computer and there's no problem with the disk so i's something with my computer

Please Help.

I get an error message saying:

DVEdit.exe-Application Error

The instruction at “0x6ab11351 referenced memory at “00x00000004. The memory could not be “read Click on Ok to terminate the program

and then it closes and i cannot open it again.

What make and model number of computer is it please?

What version of Windows are you using?

Have all Windows Updates been installed?

What make and model number of computer is it please?

What version of Windows are you using?

Have all Windows Updates been installed?

Its a Tiny Computer AMD Athlon(tm) xp +1600
1.40Ghz, 192MB of RAM

System: Microsoft Windows XP
Home Edition
Version 2002
Service Pack 2

All the currecnt updates have been automatically installed.
Hope this helps.

Download and install the updated version from here.

See if that helps.

i tried that before but it didnt work but i'll try it again anyway

It didn't work what do you suggest?

Please Please Please does anyone have any suggestions? it's beyond a joke. In the last two days it has opened twice out of the countless times i have been trying to open it and if i leave the program to open another program and then re-open the voice recorder it closes and will not re-open what should i do?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.