Hi, I am currently taking a class on data structures(analyzed in C++) at a university and I really find our current text book, Data Structures and Algorithm Analysis by Mark Allen Weiss, hard to follow. Does anyone know any good data structure books that pulled you in? Thanks for your time.

P.S- The books do not have to be in C++. ;)

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

That's the same book we used in my school years. I found it hard to understand too, considering the knowledge I have back then. But now, looking and reading the book back, I found the book great and worth to read!

Purely Functional Data Structures by Okasaki is excellent and you should read it. It might blow your mind unless that has already blown in a functional-programming-related manner.

Data Structures and Algorithm Analysis by Mark Allen Weiss

Agreed, that book is crap. I used his Java book w/ the same title in my data structs class.

hi
i think it can help you:Data Structure using c & c++
M. Tenenbaum.

and i have list of data structure books as follow:

Data Structure And Algorithms In C++ 2nd ed - Adam Drozdek
Data Structure And Algorithms In Java - Mitchel Waite
Data Structure For Game Programers - Ron Penton
Data Structures & Algorithms in Java - Robert Lafore
Data Structures and Algorithm Analysis in C - Mark Allen Weiss
Data Structures and Algorithms - Alfred V. Aho
Data Structures and Algorithms 3 Multi-dimensional Searching and Computational Geometry - Kurt Mehlhorn
Data Structures and Algorithms in Java - Peter Drake
Data Structures and Algorithms in Java - Robert Lafore
DATA STRUCTURES AND ALGORITHMS USING VISUAL BASIC.NET - MICHAEL MCMILLAN
Data Structures and Algorithms with Object-Oriented Design Patterns in CPlusPlus - Bruno R. Preiss
Data Structures and Algorithms with Object-Oriented Design Patterns in CSharp - Bruno R. Preiss
Data Structures and Algorithms with Object-Oriented Design Patterns in Java - Bruno R. Preiss
Data Structures and Algorithms with Object-Oriented Design Patterns in Python - Bruno R. Preiss
Data Structures And Problem Solving Using C++ 2nd ed - Mark Weiss
Data Structures and Program Design in C++ - Robert L. Kruse
Data Structures Demystified - Jim Keogh
DATA STRUCTURES IN JAVA A Laboratory Course - Sandra Andersen
Data Structures, Algorithms and Program Style Using C - James F. Korsh

ihave this in ebook format

and if feel that it help you then please add to my reputation
thanks

commented: Spamming a million names of books does not help at all. -1

I second data structures and algorithms by lafore. I found the book easy to follow

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.