Hay,

I'm an undergraduate student in Sri Lanka Institute of Information Technology. And we'll have a final year project which time period is one year. It is a group project and there are 5 members for one group. Project topic must be related to IT.

If any body can give us a great idea to score more and also grab more experience please reply. All the members can code well. Willing to do a great one. Just now have few ideas. But need more to select the best.

We are familiar with C#.net, Java, SQL. And we are ready to learn anything that will need to do our project.

Thank you.

Recommended Answers

All 12 Replies

What does it mean for a project to be related to IT? Please give examples of projects that are and aren't considered "related to IT".

Shanuka;
You need to mention ur intersts,,,Coz computer science is more like a sea...

Any ways i have a project for you.Try implement TCP IP stack.It is
chalanging and very interestng. You need to study from some netrwork book
what TCP IP is If u dont know,, get the theoritical knowledge properly...coz it so
happens that we start coding and later figure that our specifications were wrong...

tell me if u are not convinced or looking for some thing in Unix...

commented: Stop the IM-speak, this isn't a chat room. -2

What does it mean for a project to be related to IT? Please give examples of projects that are and aren't considered "related to IT".

Shrughes,

Our main concern is about software development. It is a research type project. I mean that as related to IT,because there are so many projects which are having the software developing part as a very small part.

So I need an idea which is mainly focused on software development.

Thank you for your reply.

If you need to get ideas from other people for your own projects you musn't be very interested.

aashish.raina,

I am very sorry for not giving all the details about the project. And thank you for your idea. My interest is on software development side. And the project scope also should be enough to complete in one year. And it can be research type project with a final product. We are not very good at hardware side. But if there is a little hardware part I think it can be done.

Also I thought about your that TCP/IP Stack idea. Do we have to do it using socket programming or something? And we are not very good in Unix. But if there is very interesting project, I think we can do it. Because we have 2 months to prepare for project. But all the members must be agree to do it.

Thank you again for your ideas.

Perhaps you should do a project that will spider the internet and aggregate all the thousands and thousands of "Final Year Project" request threads that already exist on this and countless other forums. Then we could just point all of these identical threads to your project site.
:-/

commented: Ha ha ha - nice one :) +23
commented: Respect! +1

Don't think about score only because this project and your efforts for this project will help you a lot in future, first of all think about current technologies having demand in market and then choose the one which matches your interest and then start working on it,

hello all.. I'm also looking for a thesis topic in the software engineering aspect or anything precoding or postcoding process... anyone want to give me one, PM or reply on this thread....thanks! ^__^

*sigh*
:yawn:

hello all.. I'm also looking for a thesis topic in the software engineering aspect or anything precoding or postcoding process... anyone want to give me one, PM or reply on this thread....thanks! ^__^

Did your professor not tell you if you are caught copying your final year project assignment from internet , you will fail ?

Did your professor not tell you if you are caught copying your final year project assignment from internet , you will fail ?

That's plagiarism so obviously it's not allowed. I'm not trying to copy but I'm only asking for ideas...is that what you emphasized?

People here get really grumpy when folks ask about final project ideas, because it happens so often.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.