Anyone have much experience in Haskell? I'm a comp sci student and have a project to essentially write a parser and an interpreter in Haskell. Would be grateful if anyone could suggest some resources (books or on web), or if I send in my code if anyone could make suggestions on it?

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

Just curious what exactly is Haskell sounds just about right but I cant remember what it is exactly let me know this time I am asking you the question. haha

Just curious what exactly is Haskell sounds just about right but I cant remember what it is exactly let me know this time I am asking you the question. haha

Haskell is a functional programming language. Similar in that respect to LISP or Scheme, but it is a lot more rigorous about types and formal math. I had the great luck to be in the 'guinea-pig' class when the CS department decided to use Haskell instead of Scheme....and then changed their minds (and incidentally, our textbooks) back to Scheme about three weeks into the quarter. So I've seen a little bit of the language, but certainly not enough to call myself familiar with it. I kept the textbook, though, just for the Has-kell of it.

Thanks buddy sounds hard but, hey what do I know I am not a programmer.

mad dog, nice thread theft

what? when programming in un common languages it's normally best to google it till you get it, or ask in experts exchange.

I have haskell programming experience, anything you need to know just send me a message!

easy-helper

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
NEW- FREE instant messaging PC support for all abilities (right up to programming and CS level) @ www.easy-help.tk

Hi, i need help in haskell for a coursework that has to be done very soon.Pls let me know,thanx a lot!

lol, ive actually written a simple parser for my Haskell assignment.. haskell tends to be quite abstract actually, and is not for everyone.. its gonna be tough making a fully fledged parser and interpreter..

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.