Hello Guys,

I don't know where to start. I'm a little confused. i'm 23 years old, graduated from the faculty of commerce. Now, i'm a student at university of the people majoring in computer science.

I realized that i want to be an engineer. When i was a kid, i have always wanted to know aht are the things inside TV's and other electronic devices. I wish to study computer science and electrical engineering but unfortunately, i can't go to an engineering school because of my country rules regarding education.

I really wish to make electronic circuits and do some robotics and things of this kind (i want to invent something, I have that feeling inside that i could do something).

I just don't know where to start. And i don't know what are the prerequisites for studying in this field - physics, math, chemistry.

The bad thing is i have to learn on my own. so i need some advice and also resources to learn from?

Do you think if i learn from the courses that MIT is offering would that be a good place to start?

Thanks for bearing with me and sorry for the long post.

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

You might check out a few books (Fundamentals of Digital Logic)on digital logic and work from there. If there are concepts in the book that you don't get or can't work out it can be a good way to branch out into other areas to learn. Digital Logic is usually (from what I've seen anyway) the basic building block for most Electrical/Computer Engineering courses of study.

You might check out a few books (Fundamentals of Digital Logic)on digital logic and work from there. If there are concepts in the book that you don't get or can't work out it can be a good way to branch out into other areas to learn. Digital Logic is usually (from what I've seen anyway) the basic building block for most Electrical/Computer Engineering courses of study.

Thanks for the link. i will start with that book.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.