A new feature at DaniWeb is the ability to use [tex] bbcode. I feel this is a necessary feature if our Computer Science forums are ever to succeed. However, I want to be able to include some links to tex tutorials in my formal announcement on this feature. Does anyone know of any?

Recommended Answers

All 12 Replies

Hmm ... it's awfully small. But when I do something like [tex]a+b=c[/tex] it's not so.

[tex]Oh this is awesome!

Testing...[/tex]

Okay, I guess it's stuck in math mode.

[tex]Testing...$ testing testing $testing....[/tex]

maybe?

[tex]Testing...\text{\huge{a text portion}}...testing...[/tex]

Some more testing...

[tex]\int_1^n \frac1x dx[/tex]

And some more...

[tex]\frac{\left(\frac{1 + \sqrt 5}{2}\right)^n - \left(\frac{1 - \sqrt 5}{2}\right)^n}{\sqrt 5}[/tex]

[tex]\text{\huge{\(\frac{\left(\frac{1 + \sqrt 5}{2}\right)^n - \left(\frac{1 - \sqrt 5}{2}\right)^n}{\sqrt 5}\)}}[/tex]

Member Avatar for iamthwee

[tex] sweet [/tex]

[speculative]I can't believe no other forums have thought of this? [/speculative]

did u get my message about code tags csgal?

Could someone explain to me this "tex" code? Is that what creates the graphic for an equation?

TeX is a typesetting system.

Yes.

never seen this done anywhere else. such a good idea - only slight problem seems to be that a load of <br/> tags appear - think this is due to the behaviour of the text box/submission?

Hard returns aren't meant to be used with TeX anyways. I think you can avoid this by using the standard editor instead of the wysiwyg editor (hit the little A/A icon in the top right of the editor box)

yeah - my editor was set to basic in settings. still though if i do something like this:

[tex]\[{ \frac {d}{dx}} \ arctan(\sin({x}^{2}))=-2\,{ \frac { \cos({x}^{2})x}{-2+\left ( \cos({x}^{2}) \right )^{2}}}\][/tex]

the code looks correct (to me!) but i still get <br /> tags unless i put it all in a block.

thanks for the tutoriials

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.