I want to learn a new programming language, which I can use to create large applications such as operating systems, editing applications. I know it requires a great deal of understanding of contents, but I can not decide which language. it is either C or C++
need advice... :icon_eek:

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

bro, if you really are new to programming and wish, dream and plan to make large applications, then stop! First you have to start of small, you need to understand how the computer thinks and be able to think the way it think. start with JavaScript, simple as hell, then move into python- little more complicated- then go to C and C++. Yes you do have to sometimes be able to run before you can even crawl but not in this case.

That being said if you want to make large applications you alone can do so much, you need an entire team. There are at least 600 team member together making Windows.

commented: Totally bogus response. Don't listen to this weenie. -4

I have been programming in c#, javaScript, Java and php. ;)
I have been programming for around 4 years now...
but i need something new.
C++ or C?

C++ or C?

How is that new? If you want something new, pick a language that doesn't have the same ancestry as the ones you already know. You'll get more out of it than the same old syntax with a different standard library. :icon_rolleyes:

Candidates in that Narue's suggestion could include languages Python, Ruby, Prolog, Lisp/Scheme, J, Forth, Icon, Haskel, Brainf... ;)

Python could be a good start for you. It has a different syntax and it is pretty fun to play with.

Smalltalk might be a new language to you!!

I want to learn a new programming language, which I can use to create large applications such as operating systems, editing applications. I know it requires a great deal of understanding of contents, but I can not decide which language. it is either C or C++
need advice... :icon_eek:

i think now a days c# is using much more but as u said in c/c++
i think c++ is more benificial for u.

start learning assembly and use linux. C is enought to build an Operating System. Besides, i am interested in this as well. We can be a team. pm me

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.