as an game engine dev i created an console graphics engine to create blazing graphics contains lighting and shadows and draw algorithms and the for loop for my 3D part was running slow and no flicker but slowly generates the walls and everything and when i update the frame again the same thing happens

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

For gaming I found I need pretty high end systems to get high performance unless I'm running an old game such as Doom. Details are absent here but I have run into folk trying to write a game (console or not) on old laptops with Intel graphics and they are like Dorothy in the Wizard of Oz. A little lost but at the beginning of the journey. Eventually they learn that you can only milk lower end PCs for so much or move to a better machine. About 1 in 100 will double down that they can get the performance up on their machine and few of those achieve their goals. It's that hard. Even I tried to see what I could eek out of Intel graphics and the short story is lesson learned. Hardware is cheaper than spending years trying to get triple A games to work well on the low end PCs.

commented: but the thing i can run an game like call of duty warzone on high settings this the console sir not that big is there any way to make it faster +0

Tell more. By console you could mean the command prompt in Windows or something else. But let's look at Warzone. A quick look finds it uses the following engine: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IW_(game_engine

If games and game developers need speed they pick an engine. But here you haven't written enough for me to offer much else other than go get a game engine and build on that system.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.