Hi Everyone,
I'm a little bit stuck at the moment in my Final Year project at college. A team of 5 students were asked to develop or improve on an existing software that was developed to record video feedback from visitiors to the campus. We were provided the software and were told to each develop a part of improve a part of the software. The program is written in Actionscript 3.0 behind flash, and the software currently has the following functions.

Record, Rerecord and save. Also on the interface is a container that contains all the videos that has been recorded for the user to select and review.

-The software is expected to record video using a webcam or video camera of somesort, and save it onto a server possibly, that people can access it by using this interface.

-Now I can't think of what I can improve or develop with this. Also, I have very limited programming skills. I have the time, we have 7 months, but I need to do something that is worth while.

I need some ideas to help me do this:

A couple of ideas I have are:

to implement a security login so that an administrator can access it and review videos that were recorded, and edit/delete them.

to have the video feedback system more interactive, in that you have a menu to go through that asks you questions on what you want to feedback on.

Now say for the first idea, what would I need to do, I was told I might need to create a SOAP interface that has a database system for authentication.

Any Ideas you post up will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

You can customize videos using some video editing tools.

you may put a function for checking if the person has been already interviwed by the system or not, I think the best thing is using Image Processing Systems to help you.
or you can also put a system for changing the video survey into document report in file then export it into DOC or PDF using voise detection.
and i'm sorry if i couldn't help u enough

best of luck

by the way i'm also final year in Software Engineering and my project is :
Web Site for managing international scientefic conferences.

A couple of ideas I have are:

to implement a security login so that an administrator can access it and review videos that were recorded, and edit/delete them.

to have the video feedback system more interactive, in that you have a menu to go through that asks you questions on what you want to feedback on.

Now say for the first idea, what would I need to do, I was told I might need to create a SOAP interface that has a database system for authentication.

Any Ideas you post up will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks .

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.