I am developing a website,where I am using windows authentication for my connection. I want to change that to server authentication. I want to know what are the steps needed, at what should I watch out, and is there any problems that will appear in my project due to this change in the connection type?
Thank you

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

In SQL Server Management Studio, connect to your server. Then right mouse click on the Server in on Object Explorer window and select Properties.
This should show a new dialog, and a 'Select a page' panel on the left - choose Security and the you should see the settings to change the Authentication mode.
As the option is SQL server and windows authentication - I can't see it affecting your existing work. Just be careful that things don't just work as it's you logged into windows!
Nige

Thanks for the help Nige. Its that I am using windows auth in the connection string in my website. I want to change it to server auth, but in my server its windows server auth mode.
I can login as windows auth, but i cann't as server auth. I don't know how to make that database that I am working on be logged on as server auth, and how to get the admin pass if it ever existed to change it.
I have no experience in server security, I need a help to setup the server auth.I mean how to login if I dunno what the password ad username for the first time and where to change it.

Thank you

try this information on:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms188670.aspx

after applying steps on the previous link, if it doesn't work
To enable the sa login by using Management Studio

In Object Explorer, expand Security, expand Logins, right-click sa, and then click Properties.

On the General page, you might have to create and confirm a password for the sa login, check in (Map to Credential).

On the Status page, in the Login section, click Enabled, and then click OK.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.