Hello everybody, i'm a newbie to MSSQL - so excuse the newbie question.
i am creating a page wich is hosted like any other page on a web server, i need to somehow connect to a MSSQL server , wich is located on a normal computer and connected to the internet, in order to display query results. is that possible?
i would appriciate if any1 helps me on this...
:S

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Matiman,

Keep in mind some (actually most) hosting companies will only allow access to their SQL servers from their host machines. This is so they don't grant everyone on the internet the ability to send any SQL queries to the databases (and so they can sell virtual server hosting).

Check the hosting company's policies regarding remote SQL access.

Good Luck!

Matiman,

Keep in mind some (actually most) hosting companies will only allow access to their SQL servers from their host machines. This is so they don't grant everyone on the internet the ability to send any SQL queries to the databases (and so they can sell virtual server hosting).

Check the hosting company's policies regarding remote SQL access.

Good Luck!

actually, i'm not intertested in a SQL server from the hosting company, all i am doing is to set up a web page containing a chart that connects directly to the my own SQL server via connection string including an IP address...

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.