hi ,

i ma using the reporting service in MS SQL express 2008. but in the company i don't have the admin previlages to upload and create reports to the server. if i was to ask from the administrator to grant me the previlages what previlages does he have to give to me???

please reply

thanks

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

The admin should know what they have to grant you. If the admin doesn't then the question should be, why are you the SQL admin...

The admin should know what they have to grant you. If the admin doesn't then the question should be, why are you the SQL admin...

hmm

that will not solve my question
do you know anything about it

As already stated above: ask your admin.

You asked for more specific information and it was given to you. If you don't have the permissions to do what you need to do, you obviously have to ask the person who can grant them.

As already stated above: ask your admin.

You asked for more specific information and it was given to you. If you don't have the permissions to do what you need to do, you obviously have to ask the person who can grant them.

the person doesn't know what to grant to..

Then show them the tutorial linked above. Why do they have admin responsibilities if they don't know how to perform them?

Are you deliberately being obtuse or is this really that difficult??

read, write and execute user rights need to give

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.