**How to show the scoring of each match & show players individual performance for each match on an ER Diagram for a basketball system?

Hello, I have to create a database for a basketball system.

I’m confused about the 'scoring'. I have kept the scores in the ‘GameStats’ table with these following fields;
2 points attempts, 2 points made, 3 points attempts, 3 points made, free throws attempts, free throws made, minutes played, fouls made, rebounds.

But, I have looked online http://www.databasebasketball.com/ , and on the player table record they keep the scoring in the player table.
What I would like to know, is do I keep the scores of "2PA, 2PM, 3PA etc" in the match table and the player table. Then how would I link both of these table as players have ‘many’ matches. So that means players would have many indiviudal scoring for each and every match they play.
For example I have 4 seasons, in each season there is 10 matches. A team has 13 players.
So every player would have to show every points (2PA,2PM, 3PA ETC) for each match they play at.
Someone clear this for me? (if this actually makes sense)

Also to help, I have found this website https://wiki.engr.illinois.edu/display/cs411fa12/Sizzle+-+Final+Report. It's an ER diagram of a basketball system.

And here is the Coursework Specification to guide you to my question
To develop a database system to hold records for basketball teams and their matches. The system will be used for analysing the players’ performance during the season as well as to select players of the month based on the data entered into the system. The system also is mainly used for producing statistical information for managers, coaches and clubs (where the team plays) owners.

A player can be associated with only one team at any time.
Each season, a record of matched that each team plays is kept. A game is between two teams of which one of them must win (i.e. no draw results in basketball games). The date and place of the match are kept in the system. A record of the scored points by each team is used to determine which team is the winner.
For each match we need to keep information of the performance of each player. This include the number of: 2 points attempts, 2 points made, 3 points attempts, 3 points made, free throws attempts, free throws made, minutes played, fouls made, rebounds.

Please give your suggestions, table ideas, fields? would help thanks

Member Avatar for LastMitch

How to show the scoring of each match & show players individual performance for each match on an ER Diagram for a basketball system?

Do you have a ER-Diagram of how you want the database to function?

Post the image and also what table you have done so far.

From if you have question regarding about the stats. I will try to explain how it works.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.