Hello, everyone - I am the system adminstrator at a small company running 13 workstations with XP Pro, and am in the midst of installing SP2 to all workstations. The installation has gone smoothly on all but 2 stations; the two in question are giving me an error about 3/4 of the way through the installation saying "Unable to read from or write to the database". I have tried the following Microsoft-provided solutions to no avail:
1) ran ESENTUTL on secedit from cmd prompt
2) Renamed the Edb.log file to have .tst extension
3) Made sure Cryptographic services were set to automatic
4) Renamed the Catroot2 folder to oldcatroot2
5) Reregistered cryptographic services DLL files
Any ideas or suggestions would be most appreciated. Thank you so much!