Hi there,

I am learning more about C++ to help my company bring on a team of software gaming developers and have a few questions for your forum.

Is the latest operating system critical for C++ developers in making a job change decision? Is NT still attractive?

Would experience coding in C# be similar to coding in C++?

Thanks for any advice,

Cozzoli

>Is the latest operating system critical for C++ developers in making a job change decision?
The target system is a critical piece of information, if that's what you're asking. It doesn't have to be bleeding edge (C++ is older than any hardware and OS a game would reasonably target these days), but you need to make it clear what you intend to use. It's silly to hire a team of C++ programmers who specialize in Unix if your target platform is Windows, for example.

>Is NT still attractive?
If you mean the actual NT branded operating system as opposed to derivative systems like XP and Server 2003, then no, NT was never attractive.

>Would experience coding in C# be similar to coding in C++?
Some things are similar, but I wouldn't hire a C# programmer for a C++ job.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.