Okay im thinking of starting up a game! I want it to be 2D, so I think I'll be using Direct3D considering DirectDraw is outdated. I've been reading up and trying to learn a bit about DirectMusic, Direct3D, DirectInput, etc. and I've noticed I don't have DirectMusic! I have the DirectX SDK downloaded (9.0) and my compiler (Visual Studio 6.0) doesn't recognize any d3d8.h, dmusici.h, d3d9.h headers. Also, whenever I compile the dsound.h header I get some error having to do with the HEADER that looks like it has to do with a WAV file. Also, ddraw.h and dinput.h both compile just fine! Help!

I have the DirectX SDK downloaded (9.0) and my compiler (Visual Studio 6.0) doesn't recognize any d3d8.h, dmusici.h, d3d9.h headers.

MSDN quote (possibly out of context, but I believe this is the prob)

"Developing C++ applications with this release requires Visual Studio .NET 2002 or later. Visual Studio version 6 is no longer supported."

from
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/directx9_c/directx/directsdk/ProgrammingGuide/programcpp/programcpp.asp

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.