ok, i am relly messed up...im currently developing a flash game..and there in frame 1, i have many instances (movieClip), event listeners, etc. But the problem is, when i tell it to go to the next frame, it shows an error saying this cannot be found or other things...

how do i make it like when it will go to next frame, it will remove all contents of current frame?

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

Maybe convert to symbols and then

SYMBOLNAME._x = -1000;

?

Hi im prity new to actionscript myself so i dont know how right i am.

Are you using frame labels because i think when using AS to control the timeline you need to use frame labels and in the script point it to the label rather than the frame

as i say im still new to it myself so if im wrong i appoligeis

Ok chill... the mc that you are trying to access... should either have the same instance name and be present on all frames... (the layer in the timeline must stretch across the number of frames)

A better option would be to use all the mc's directly from the library by providing them with a linkage id and then attaching it on stage as you need them... less fuss... less complications.

Cheers!

i got a buttons layer n dere are 5 buttons on dis layer..
inside every button i hav got a image file converted to graphic and settings as described below :
UP frame : graphical image alpha set to 0
Over Frame : graphical image alpha set to 100

dat means when d user hovers d mouse over my button it will ive a glowing effect... its working fine.... on every button on dat layer..

But what i want is dat when i embed dis swf file in an html page den every utton shud take me to a different page according to my coding...

in every buttons HIT frame i hav written dis :

var url:String = "sitename";
var request:URLRequest = new URLRequest(url);
try {
navigateToURL(request, '_blank');
} catch (e:Error) {
trace("Error occurred!");
}

but the problem is dat whenever i test my movie den it simultaneously opens up d google page in new tab in my default browser which is firefox...
i hant tested my movie by embedding it into my html webpage although...
but y is dis hapening widout even being clickd ...!!!?

ok, i am relly messed up...im currently developing a flash game..and there in frame 1, i have many instances (movieClip), event listeners, etc. But the problem is, when i tell it to go to the next frame, it shows an error saying this cannot be found or other things...

how do i make it like when it will go to next frame, it will remove all contents of current frame?

btw you should not put all your codes and events in a single frame if your using multiple frames try having some documented class file, and use each function in your documented class in specific frames where you want your certain action applied to, btw when you go to the next frame all your code is gone cause the specific action is applied on a specific frame. your contents wont be gone if you applied some documented class..

-jingp1126

btw you should not put all your codes and events in a single frame if your using multiple frames try having some documented class file, and use each function in your documented class in specific frames where you want your certain action applied to, btw when you go to the next frame all your code is gone cause the specific action is applied on a specific frame. your contents wont be gone if you applied some documented class..

-jingp1126

solved my problem... anyways thanks for your reply and concern..

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.