I hope that some of you will be able to assist me. I am a writer who is wanting to write a science fiction book that tells the story of a young boy who is a genious computer programmer and who creates a virtual reality game. Basically, his father had created the game but then disappeared (actually into the game, but nobody knows that yet), and his son happens upon the goggles, program, etc. and completes it to eventually find his father.
Anyway, I know nothing about writing virtual reality programs. I just need to know the basics in order to write this book (which is geared for children ages 9 to 12). Would any of you be able to help me by answering some questions, like:
- What code/program do you usually write in to develop virtual reality?
- What's involved in the writing/developing process?
- What are interesting features about virtual reality?
- Do you have to use only the goggles, or can you run it on a computer screen?
- Are there disks, CD's, memory sticks, etc. that you insert into the googles? How do the goggles work?
- Any other interesting/fundamental tidbits about virtual reality that would assist with developing my book?
I would definitely appreciate any suggestions, ideas, answers, advice, etc. I wanted to do all my research before I actually wrote the book.
Thanks so much!