codetoeternity 0 Newbie Poster

hello dear people. as adviced by respected members of this community, i have decided to use an engine to develop the game, my initial findings are that unity uses c# or javascript as language, udk uses unrealscript, i was wondering if there is a good (i mean atleast on par with unity) game development engine that uses c++ as primary language? (actually i am learning advanced c++ these days so dont wanna go back to c#). what about cryengine i read that c++ can be used but i cudnot find authentic proof of it. my second question is that is directx sdk just for developing game engines or games can directly be developed using it? also that will i be able to develop a game (like jetpack joyride) using directx without needing any serious mathematics (like matrices, differential equations, integrals, differentials and all those mathematical stuff) ? kindly also guide me that in which parts of game development is such mathematics used?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.