Hi, can anyone tell me how to configure DirectX (December 2006) in MS visual C++ 6.0 please, or at least where or what to read to finally do it? I’m having a real hard time figuring this out

thanks

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

I'm not sure what your question is.
Are you trying to change the settings of directX with VC6, or are you trying to make a project in VC6 which uses dirextx?
If the second is the case: there are a few good links in this thread

More specifically, to compile DirectX applications, or pretty well any program that relies on external libraries, you must link the .libs or else you'll get linker errors. For DirectX (depending on which frameworks you're using) there's a whole list such as dinput10.lib, dsound10.lib, etc.. You must also have header and library files set in the correct paths.

The link that Nick provided covers this in greator detail (see the section on DirectX and Visual Studio).

Hi guys,

Thanks a lot for your help. Nick was right about the second thing, I am trying to make a project in MS Visual C++ 6 which uses directX. I just needed help with configuring my compiler. I'll check out this link you gave an dhopefully get started,

thanks again

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.