Hello all!

I'm having problems with running c++ on iOS. I have a iOS openGL project in Xcode 4 and an external library written in c++ that has to be a dependency to the iOS target so it can run on an Ipad. right now I'm testing with the iPad simulator.

The problem is that i can't include stuff like iostream, string etc, and use them. Is there something i have missed? Does iOS not support C++ or parts of C++, like string and IO stuff? I can use some C++ functionality but many parts seems to be missing. I can run c++ code that i have written myself and parts some parts of the c++ library. I can't find any information about this anywhere. Seems to me that I'm missing something trivial.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

If you're simply unable to find the header files, copy them to your project's folder, along with your other source files. That should do the trick.

Also, every implementation-file needs to have the .mm extension, unless it's purely a c++ file (.cpp). The compiler behaves REALLY strange if confronted with some .mm files, and some .m - often in the form of claiming certain files does not exist. This does also include pure ObjC files - .mm them all.

Yes i know about objective c++ etc. Thats why I was suprised when i didn't get c++ stuff working. I sorted it out though, it had something to do with compiler settings.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.