"Hello everyone,

I'm currently working on developing a shopping app, and I'd like to gather some insights from the community. What do you believe are the essential key features that should be considered when developing a shopping app? Your expertise and suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!"

Technocrats21 commented: We should incorporate various features in shopping app such as personalization, order management, security, analytics, shopping features etc. +0

I don't use any shopping app. I use a web browser on the usual Amazon site.

Why would we need a shopping app at all?

commented: Time-saving shopping experience for users, enabling them to browse and buy products from the comfort of their own homes. +0
commented: Because a web app is a type of app … Amazon is an app +34

I use two - Kroger and Walmart. I want access to the app's features without having to create an account and sign in. I want easy access to the search function with accurate results and convenient options like in stock, out of stock, and sorting. In an app for brick and mortar stored (like Kroger and Walmart), I want accurate inventory information and where to locate the item in the store.

commented: When developing a shopping app, focus on user-friendly navigation, secure payment options, and a seamless checkout process. https://talmee.com/ +0

You'd be surprised, but if you spend over a year on a shopping app here are two things you will have wished to have spent more time planning on:

sales tax calculation
payment gateway integration

Best of luck!

When developing a shopping app, several key features are essential to ensure a seamless and engaging user experience:

• User-Friendly Interface
  • Product Search and Filtering
  • Product Details and Images
  • Secure Payment Gateway
  • Personalized Recommendations
  • Shopping Cart and Wishlist
  • Order Tracking
  • User Reviews and Ratings
  • Push Notifications
  • Performance Optimization

Key features: user-friendly interface, search filters, detailed product info, secure payment, cart management, personalized accounts, push notifications, support.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.