I have written some simple C# programs just to get my feet wet.

Now I have decided to build a co-workers program and step through it. I am not used to all of the problems that might arise when building a C# program as I would a C++ program.

I get this error:

------ Rebuild All started: Project: ProjectName, Configuration: Debug Any CPU ------
C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Microsoft.Common.targets(481,9): error : The OutputPath property is not set for this project.
Please check to make sure that you have specified a valid Configuration/Platform combination.
Configuration='Debug' Platform='AnyCPU'
Done building project "ProjectName.csproj" -- FAILED.
========== Rebuild All: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 skipped ==========

So there are some settings I need to check. Any advice?

Here is what I have tried so far:

I tried to right click in the project in Solution Explorer and I choose properties.
In the left pane of the properties page, click the Build option. The Output Path is near the bottom. I made sure it was set to bin\Debug\
But this changed nothing.

The Readme File in the directory suggeted to do a command-line build using MSBUILD.
When I did this, I got this error:

Unhandled Exception: System.IO.FileLoadException: Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.Build.Engine, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral,
PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' or one of its dependencies. Strong name validation failed. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8013141A)File name:
'Microsoft.Build.Engine, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' ===> System.Security.SecurityException: Strong name
validation failed. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8013141A)The Zone of the assembly that failed was:MyComputer
at Microsoft.Build.CommandLine.MSBuildApp.Execute(String commandLine) at Microsoft.Build.CommandLine.MSBuildApp.Main()

I don't know I suggest to go to Microsoft VS forum, but if I were you, I'd like re-install the framework.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.