Hi all
I've created an application, it worked fine in the enviroment, then i've gone into bin; debug and copied windows application family, placed it on my desktop and tried to run it. It wont open and throws up a error(WindowsApplication1 has encountered a problem and needs to close.). If open it from debug it works fine!!
Anybody know what i'm doing wrong? or where do I start looking for this problem?

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

It may be that you are missing some librarys that are required for running, If your using visual studio 2008 try creating an installer ( I can't remember where this is in VS2008, but It is definitely there somewhere and hopefully should create and installer that contains all dependancys.

It may also be a file that you a referring to being relative to the build directory.

If he's working on VS2008 he can traget the framework where the application runs on, I guess the problem came from changing library paths.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.