I am trying to create a username and password script in access VBA. Basically I have created a form with 2 text boxes, one called username and the other called password. I have a table called user_info where the users password and username plus some other information is stored. The username is the unique key which uiquely identifiers a record. What I want is a script that recognises what has been entered into the username field and checks that the password entered is associated with that username. If it is I want a new form to be opened (which I have called user_info) and the record to be shown which corrosponds to the username. I.e. if the username is 1234 I want the form user_info to be opened and the record with unique number 1234 to be displayed.

Thankyou in advance for any help.

With Access, need to know version and what type of security you are using for your application!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.