Hi Folks,
I want to use windows authentication for java application for eaxmple:

I have a application called ABC , now i want to apply windows authentication for this ABC appliation like when user hit the application URL the user should login automatically with out prompting any user name and password(BCZ he is already a windows authenticated user).can any one help me to solve this.

Regards,
Rajeshwar.

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

when user hit the application URL the user should login automatically with out prompting any user name and password(BCZ he is already a windows authenticated user)

then why the hell would you put a login and password in your program?? the fact that your pc is running doesn't necessarily means you are working on it. if it is an application that deals with sensitive data, you might want to reconsider a bit. I can understand the part where you want the user-name to be automatically set to the login in Windows, but dropping the prompt for a password, would be the same as: not giving the application to those who don't need it.

now, concerning your question, a couple of days ago, someone asked a similar question. you might get some help out of the response he got. it shows how you let your app automatically find the user that is logged in on Windows. Read me

What will this application be using for its source of authentication? Does it access network resources which require LDAP authentication?

the info stored in your System. I've never really used it, so haven't looked into it, but knock yourself out and go check for yourself.

if there is no answer to be found on http://java.sun.com, Google will propably be able to help you out

Do some google searching for JNDI and see if you can come up with any resources to help out. I'm familiar with the concepts, but have never implemented them. So at this point, google will be your friend.

how to authenticate window in java???

mudit: welcome to the forum.
a few remarks though:
1. this thread hasn't been posted in in 5 years, you could have started a new thread
2. in what window? you mean in windows? as in booting your pc, get a Java login system that logs you in to windows? that just doesn't make any sense to me.
3. don't just provide a question, provide us a clear question and preferrably, also state what you already tried and what errors you get. maybe you overlooked something we can help you with.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.