I'm working on VB.net(2005 studio) application that stores values.i'm using SQL server 2005 express.I dont know how to connect both of them.Is there any tutorial on the web for that?
I have tried but most of the result are points to the pages of SQL server configuration,manipulation related information.

One more question regarding Charts: With the data i collect on my VB application i want to make pie chart/bar chart within application,but i have no clue where is the component for it...is there any free component or MS have it in it.

I'm working on VB.net(2005 studio) application that stores values.i'm using SQL server 2005 express.I dont know how to connect both of them.Is there any tutorial on the web for that?
I have tried but most of the result are points to the pages of SQL server configuration,manipulation related information.

One more question regarding Charts: With the data i collect on my VB application i want to make pie chart/bar chart within application,but i have no clue where is the component for it...is there any free component or MS have it in it.

You trying to connect databse with vb? you mean you want to show the data into the datagrid from the SQL database? If yes then that is really easy

drag and drop the datagrid onto the form and populate the data into it by connecting to a database - database connection is shown next to the toolbox (you got to look at the tab right at the bottom of toolbox right hand side)

For creating charts, VS2005 has built in Crystal Report Viewer which lets you show the data in the form of report, you can create pie charts etc with it as well.

Hope this helps

Regards

J

thanks for the reply,i'll try the datagrid way..will reply here in short ....

i didnt get the crystal report ?
i mean if i accept the data from user can i store and compare it directly using charts in crystal reports?

is there any web tutorial that achieves the problem descrobed above? i mean that will help me a lot....

thanks agian for the datagrid method suggestion .....

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.