Hi All
I am populating a listbox based on an item selected in another listbox. But wat i get is huge number of entries in the populated listbox. It basically contains the folders anf all files present in a particular project workspace. (so as n when the count of folders/files increases..it wud get even messy)

What i think would be ideal here is make the entries in the listbox expandable(like the entries in C drive in My Computer). That is the first level of folders/files would only appear initially. and then on clickin on their respective checkboxes their sub items would appear.
Can anyone tell me hoe this can be done..any leads on this pls?

also It wud be grt if I select the topmost checkbox, All the items under it get selected.

Any leads on this??

Thanks In advance:)

Hi josephdluna,
I have not been able to open that link.Dunno why.
Can u pls elaborate a bit on that?

One more thing I wud like to add here
I am developing a utility (std exe). so in order to use this tree view control, do I need to make it as someother exe type..like active x exe etc...???

Hi All
I am populating a listbox based on an item selected in another listbox. But wat i get is huge number of entries in the populated listbox. It basically contains the folders anf all files present in a particular project workspace. (so as n when the count of folders/files increases..it wud get even messy)

What i think would be ideal here is make the entries in the listbox expandable(like the entries in C drive in My Computer). That is the first level of folders/files would only appear initially. and then on clickin on their respective checkboxes their sub items would appear.
Can anyone tell me hoe this can be done..any leads on this pls?

also It wud be grt if I select the topmost checkbox, All the items under it get selected.

Any leads on this??

Thanks In advance:)

If I understand you well, an apropriate solution would be to define new type of variables that contains at leas two informations:
example:
Type MainListBox
List_ID as Integer
ItemOnList as String
End Type
Type PopulatedListBox
BelongsToList_ID as Integer
ItemOnList as String
End Type
Dim Items1 As MainListBox ' Or Dim Items1(1 To SomeNumber) as MainListBox
Dim Items2 As PopulatedListBox
' Now in a cycle that activates on List1_SelectionChange make a test to identify LIST_ID, and firts clear the populated list, and fill it with data whose items have BelongsToList_ID same as List_ID of the first list.
I hope I was helpfull

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.