hi all im new to this forum and i need some help with making a windows explorer in mfc. i dont expect that some1 makes one for me, but i dont know how to get started. my friend told me to make it with a treewiew and a listwiew control, but i dont know to use them correctly so if some1 has some time to help me i would really appriciate it :)

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

For MFC stuff you should get familiar with www.codeproject.com because they have hundreds of free MFC programs you can use as examples. A search for treeview got over 100 hits.

Also there are several tutorials on the net

codeproject has nothing else than copies of MSDN samples.
MSDN is the only available reference.
Then see MSDN, where there is a complete sample for an explorer, with TreeView + Splitter + ListView

I've gotten a lot of helpful code from codeproject over the last 10 years. If you think all it has is copies of MSDN examples then you are woefully misinformed.

>>Then see MSDN, where there is a complete sample for an explorer, with TreeView + Splitter + ListView
You might be right about that.

ty all for quick replies :)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.