Hi, folks!

I'm trying hard to find at Internet a program or some way to output the informations from column details in Windows Explorer to a file (or to clipboard), cause I use different columns beside the normal information like filename, size, date, depending of the content of my folders. I.E. For a picture folder, I display dimensions of pics; for a mp3 folder, display bitrate and duration; for a video folder, display bitrate, duration and resolution (when available). I already tried a lot of programs, but none extract the informations the way I want (almost all of them just list the default columns, like filename, size and date) and I need a program that extract the columns exactly the way they are displayed in Windows Explorer. By the way, I'm using Windows XP Pro.

Thanks in advance.

Reginaldo

PS: Sorry about my english errors, I'm Brazilian :-)

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

In order to display folder sizes as the Windows Explorer column try TotalSize.
You can get it at Moveax homepage.

I am also in need of this kind .i.e. export explorer columns into an excel sheet. Anybody has any idea?

Thanks for any coming reply!

Rams

Did you find a solution to this? I'm trying to do the same thing.
Thanks.

V

Hi, folks!

I'm trying hard to find at Internet a program or some way to output the informations from column details in Windows Explorer to a file (or to clipboard), cause I use different columns beside the normal information like filename, size, date, depending of the content of my folders. I.E. For a picture folder, I display dimensions of pics; for a mp3 folder, display bitrate and duration; for a video folder, display bitrate, duration and resolution (when available). I already tried a lot of programs, but none extract the informations the way I want (almost all of them just list the default columns, like filename, size and date) and I need a program that extract the columns exactly the way they are displayed in Windows Explorer. By the way, I'm using Windows XP Pro.

Thanks in advance.

Reginaldo

PS: Sorry about my english errors, I'm Brazilian :-)

First save the page as a file.

Then you can open the page in your browser, or in Notepad, and also open a blank Excel spreadsheet.

Now you can pick out the individual pieces you want and put them in the spreadsheet with cut and paste techniques.

Thanks for your help!
How do I save the folder as a file? I'm unable to (the option for save/save as) is disabled when viewing the folder.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.