hi all
my name is rida
i'm from lebanon 21 years old
i'm in CNAM university and studying informatic
i have a project about java language
and i didn't know any thing about this language since i have an accedent in the begining of the year
and i didnt watch any hour in the java cour
so i need help from any body to make my project and success in this subject
the project is about

Project Description

One of your friend want to transfer to another home, so he must arrange in cartons (boxes) his different objects (books, clothes, cup, disk ...). Each carton can hold a maximal capacity expressed in Kilo.
There are 3 types of cartons:
1. Cartons can contain maximum capacity of 1 kilo.
2. Cartons can contain maximum capacity of 10 kilo.
3. Cartons can contain maximum capacity of 50 kilo.

Cartons are grouped in set of cartons.

To optimize the arrangement and to find easily an object in a carton set, he requires developing software to handle all cartons and their stored objects.

Objects Descriptions

Objects placed inside cartons characterized by the following information’s:

• A weight expressed in kilo (1 to 50);

• Resistance grade to collision (fragile, or not);

• A type (Book, Clothes, electric, miscellaneous);

• A description (string can be empty).

Carton Description

A carton is characterized by the following information:

• An identifier (an integer number (auto number) ;

• Maximal weight of a carton (1, 10 or 50 kilos);

• List of objects contained in this carton.

Cartons Set Description

A carton set references a list of cartons and has a non null string describing the set. We consider that we cannot have more than 10 sets of cartons.
A carton set is referenced by an integer number (identifier).

Constraints to respect
When inserting new objects in cartons, we must respect the following constraints:
1. The maximum weight of an object in a carton cannot exceed the max capacity of the carton.
2. If a carton contain a fragile object then it cannot contains non fragile objects.

3. If there is no place to insert a new object in a set of carton by respecting the previous constraints, we add a new carton to the set and we insert and we insert the object into the new carton. Therefore if there are available places in a carton of a set we add the object to that carton. (We use only a new carton when that is necessary).
4. All identifiers of carton sets are different.

The program

The program realized in java, must have a switchboard (Menu) that allows performing the following operations:

• create a new set of cartons;

• insert an object in a set of cartons;

• list the identifiers of cartons in a set of cartons;

• display the content of a carton;

• display the available place (Space) (in kilo) in a carton;

• Display the total weight of a cartons set;

• display the total weight of all set of cartons set;

• list all objects of a given type (book, disk, cup, electric Cleaner).
We display in same time the identifier of the carton and the identifier of the carton set where the object is placed.

Recommended Answers

All 11 Replies

Should the capacity of the cartons be measured in Volume (liters) rather than mass (kg)?

We will not do this project for you, but we will help with YOUR code and give you hints. Let me read carefully the specifications and let me see what I can do.

In the mean time, start studying and try to start writing small programs. I believe you have a book, and inside it there are simple exercises and examples. Try to solve on your own all the examples and exercises in each chapter after studying each chapter first of course.

hi rida i will try to help u in project

For this project you must learn how to use while, for loops.
You will also need a way to read input from the keyboard. If you search the forum there are many examples on how to create a menu using a while loop and the Scanner class (this clas is used to read from the keyboard).
You must also learn how to create objects and store them into a Vector or an ArrayList.

Examples of the above will follow. How much time do you have before you must deleiver this?

Link for the java API

Assume that you want to represent a human being as an Object. Most people have name, lastname, age, ... . So your object wiould be like this:

class Person {
  private String name;
  private String lastName;

public Person() {
 }

public Person(String na, String la) {
  name = na;
  lastName = la;
 }

public String getName() {
    return name;
  }

public String getLastName() {
    return lastName;
  }

public void setName(String na) {
    name = na;
  }

public void setLastName(String la) {
    lastName = la;
  }
}

Do the same for the objects requested by the assignment (Objects Descriptions, Carton Descriptions )

and i didnt watch any hour in the java cour
so i need help from any body to make my project and success in this subject
the project is about

You want someone to make your project or do u want help in making ur project ???

Should the capacity of the cartons be measured in Volume (liters) rather than mass (kg)?

We will not do this project for you, but we will help with YOUR code and give you hints. Let me read carefully the specifications and let me see what I can do.

In the mean time, start studying and try to start writing small programs. I believe you have a book, and inside it there are simple exercises and examples. Try to solve on your own all the examples and exercises in each chapter after studying each chapter first of course.

yes offcourse javaaddict i need some one helps me to finish this project
although i know about the loops and vector and array and many other things
but my problem is when i must use them

thxs all and i said i need some help here
since i know the loops and String and Array and many many thing

Then the specifications of the exercise tell you exactly waht you need to do. And I told you to start by creating the objects that you will need.

thxs all and i said i need some help here
since i know the loops and String and Array and many many thing

Start writing it then and post your code and questions when you have difficulties. We are not here to walk you through the entire thing.

hey we do what you tell me to do (me and my freinds) and the project have been reach to 1000 line but i need some thing special in it but i have a problem in the test of this project
so i will send it here and help me in some codes special and im the error that i have
and i will be thnx for you alot in your help

today i will post the project and the codes that we wrote it

And we are supposed to understand what needs to be put in line 500?
Post the code that you are having problems with specific questions. Preferably in code tags stating the line where you get the error, and some description of what you are trying to do.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.