hia, the below program is a Simulation of Producer-Consumer Problem using Race Condition.Please can anyone help me to finish this program in java language.Thanks a lot
lux melxxx

Producer/Consumer code

int BUFFER_SIZE = 100;
int count = 0;

void producer(void) {
    int item;
    while(TRUE) {
        produce_item(&item);
        if(count == BUFFER_SIZE) sleep ();
        enter_item(item);
        count++;
        if(count == 1) wakeup(consumer);
    }
}

void consumer(void) {
    int item;
    while(TRUE) {
        if(count == 0) sleep ();
        remove_item(&item);
        count--;
        if(count == BUFFER_SIZE - 1) wakeup(producer);
        consume_item(&item);
    }
}

Edited 3 Years Ago by happygeek: fixed formatting

That's C, not Java. And the code is far from complete, can you give more detail?

hia, i want to write the program in java language.The program is a Simulation of Producer-Consumer Problem using Race Condition, using SLEEP/WAKEUP.
chessxx

>i want to write the program in java language
Then you're using the wrong language.

>The program is a Simulation of Producer-Consumer Problem using Race Condition, using SLEEP/WAKEUP.
Typically when I ask for more detail, I'm looking for something other than a regurgitated version of the original question with an addition that's obvious from looking at the code. You haven't told me anything new, but I'll give you one more try before I plonk you.

>i want to write the program in java language
Then you're using the wrong language.

>The program is a Simulation of Producer-Consumer Problem using Race Condition, using SLEEP/WAKEUP.
Typically when I ask for more detail, I'm looking for something other than a regurgitated version of the original question with an addition that's obvious from looking at the code. You haven't told me anything new, but I'll give you one more try before I plonk you.

Right, i want to have one producer, one consumer and a buffer of size 100.Everytime the consumer consume, buffer size is decrease by one and producer is notified and vice-versa.
Any help of coding will be really appreciazted but if not thank you.

This article has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.