Hello i need a help for my barcode scanner project.
i want to create a code save it in a DB and be able to read it and decode it with the barcode scanner.

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

hi
bar code scanner is nothing but a keyless keyboard. you need no extra coding to use barcode scanner. to illustrate open notepad and scan any barcode usig scanner. the code will be typed as it is.
regards
manpreet singh dhillon

hi
bar code scanner is nothing but a keyless keyboard. you need no extra coding to use barcode scanner. to illustrate open notepad and scan any barcode usig scanner. the code will be typed as it is.
regards
manpreet singh dhillon

Hello thank you for your help but i already know that.
What i need is to create a barcode for a product that doesnt have yet a barcode and save it in a Database,and be able to retrieve it with all his infos

all you want to do is save the digits and/or characters of the barcode, not the graphics itself. When the scanner reads a barcode it sends the info to the pc. All your program has to do is look it up in the database. The barcode digits/characters itself is the key field in the database so that searches are very easy. I assume there is other data in the database as well that go along with the barcode -- for example the barcode could represent product codes and used to look up the product price/description in the database.

To create the record in the database table your program needs to display a screen in which the user enters the barcode value (or scan it with a hand scanner) and product information. That is a very simple application to write.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.