I'm experimenting currently with notification in VB.net and working with baloons in the system tray succesfully. My problem is that I would like the baloon to display an ok/cancel dialog with the user like firewall-programs do. Can you tell me how to create this functionality.

As far as have come to it, it is not possible to do in the normal way. Is it done using a form to present the data next to the system tray..? Or is it done using the notification (notifyicon) as baloons is shown normally..?

I'm experimenting currently with notification in VB.net and working with baloons in the system tray succesfully. My problem is that I would like the baloon to display an ok/cancel dialog with the user like firewall-programs do. Can you tell me how to create this functionality.

As far as have come to it, it is not possible to do in the normal way. Is it done using a form to present the data next to the system tray..? Or is it done using the notification (notifyicon) as baloons is shown normally..?

this may be of help :)

http://vbnet.mvps.org/index.html?code/subclass/shellnotifyballoontip.htm

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.