MDGM 22 Posting Whiz in Training

Hi all,

I wasnt sure wether to put this in the web design forums or here because it contains a bit of both - im not sure if the concept is even possible but its very interesting, possibly difficult and longwinded but potentially very rewarding

First a bit of background knowledge:

I have a reseller business which resells the same products that a hosting company offers. We pay them a certain amount per month and we get completely free unlimited web hosting but we have to pay for domains. However the catch is that registering a hosting package relies on entering the customer's details into the customer details. This can be done automatically using their website templates (lets call these "hostpay"), however we do not have access to change these templates and so they are very restricting. If we decide to use our own website design it all has to be done manually. This obviously takes a lot more time and limits our ability to serve multiple customers immensely.

My idea

What i want to work out how to do, is use our register form to enter the details the user put in, into their hostpay template so it is all automatically registered. Because I want to do this behind the scenes, i thought it would be best to write programs for the server to execute. Here is what i was thinking:

1. The user submits their information using a form to handle.php
  2. handle.php then stores that information somewhere on the server.
  3. the server then opens up a web browser program, opens the hostpay register page and enters the information that was stored into hostpay's respective fields and submits it

The process above will result in the user's details being automatically inserted into the customer database instead of having to do it manually.

If anybody has any ideas about any of this, id be more than happy to get some feedback.

It would also be good if somebody could help be break it down into smaller pieces or suggest an alternative.

Thanks in advance,

Max Mumford.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.