just a lil confusion plz hlp
ok the physical consistency of the data means that it shoud be same(value/format) whereever present in the data base but what does logical consistency means...?

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Generally, "logical consistency" refers to things like, if you have an inventory part record that has a manufacturer id, the manufacturer table has that id in it. In other words, the set of files or tables are not 'broken' in the sense that you have data that refers to things that don't exist.

just a lil confusion plz hlp
ok the physical consistency of the data means that it shoud be same(value/format) whereever present in the data base but what does logical consistency means...?

I know what it means in a logical system (that it's possible to derive a contradiction from the given premises) but I don't think I've heard the term used w.r.t. DATA statements. Can you provide a context for the question?

Active Data Warehousing is the timely,integrated, logically consistent store of detailed
data available for strategic, tactical and event driven business decision making for which
Teradata is the Standard Environment for Data Warehousing & Analytics.

how will u define logical consistency of data in this.plz do giv example if u can...

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.