Hi all, I'm in need of a way to decompress .gz files that will be downloaded from the NCDC. These Files contain weather information that will be used for some analysis work. My problem is I have a vb6 application and would like to be able to decompress these gzip files. I've done some research and found very limited free alternative. I've only found zlib and infozip, not sure if infozip can work with gzip files but there aren't many documentations on how to use either. Has anyone done anything similar to this? Implementing gzip in a vb6 application. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

you might to to use some of the compressing/de-compressing agent components for that.

how do I access those?

if you have any of those agents/tools installed on your system ,its componenets must be in your system as well. the to access those from project------>componenets menu of VB ide.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.