I want to call a .bat file with path: C:\x.bat , to run data file in path E:\xx.dat in VB

The Application I am using in fact is a simulator, It means, I do need to prepare a separate data file .

The application read the data file line by line and start the simulation. (e.g. while running the bat file ,the console will ask me to write the path in which the data file exist then it will start

If I want to run the application, I need to run the bat file .then show the data file,

I am looking for a command that I can do both together , this is important, as I want to run the application several times.

In the C# the code is look like this :
Process.start (@"c:\x.bat", @"e:\xx.dat")

What would be the code in VB6?

I want to call a .bat file with path: C:\x.bat , to run data file in path E:\xx.dat in VB

The Application I am using in fact is a simulator, It means, I do need to prepare a separate data file .

The application read the data file line by line and start the simulation. (e.g. while running the bat file ,the console will ask me to write the path in which the data file exist then it will start

If I want to run the application, I need to run the bat file .then show the data file,

I am looking for a command that I can do both together , this is important, as I want to run the application several times.

In the C# the code is look like this :
Process.start (@"c:\x.bat", @"e:\xx.dat")

What would be the code in VB6?

Hello
we use shellexecute Function Inested (process.start) function in VB
shellexecute is a Api Function that can be declared and be used to run a aplication With Parameters as opening a bmp with bitmmap
you can find it in MSDN library 6 in APi32 definations
i use this metod to use command Prompt usage in my Programs as to see a netstate or dirs
goodluke

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.