I trying to create some, what i thought, simple rollover buttons. everything works fine except that the background colour on the mouse enter is always different to what i set.

I have tried all the different flat settings on if set to 'flat' the background colour allways appears different despite to to directly set the colour - if i set the flat to 'popup' then the background colour changes fine but the borders go all funny on the mouse enter.

I just wondered if anyone had any ideas - my button code is below
cheers

Private Sub Button5_MouseEnter(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Button5.MouseEnter
        Button5.Image = My.Resources.Left
        Button5.FlatStyle = FlatStyle.Popup
        Button5.BackColor = Color.MistyRose

End Sub

Private Sub Button5_MouseLeave(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Button5.MouseLeave
        Button5.Image = My.Resources.Left_down
        Button5.FlatStyle = FlatStyle.Popup
        Button5.BackColor = Color.MistyRose

End Sub

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

I tried your code and it changes bg-color just fine. I changed FlatStyle.Flat and bg-color still changes fine.

If you set FlatStyle.Flat, have you checked FlatAppearance properties (borders & colors)? It seems FlatAppearance properties are design time props and are ReadOnly in the run-time. Anyway, changing FlatAppearance may solve your problem.

ideal - ill give it a go and let you know how i get on!

thanks

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.