Hello every1, i create a mdiparent form and a form1, all i wanted to do is to close the mdichild form(form1) with a close in the menustrip.
Sorry i cant explain this clearly
When i want to close the opened childform with menustrip (i create a button close in the menustrip)
sorry for this explanation
and help will be appreciated

sorry cant understant clearly
here's my code, its not working

Private Sub mainmenuToolStripMenuItem_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles mainmenuToolStripMenuItem.Click
        Me.Show()
        frm2.Dispose()
    End Sub

plz help

working on MDI.
can u just tell me how to make mdichild, is it like vb 6.06 just select yes in PROPERTIES or Must write some codes

:O tell you what?, Didn't you tell that you did it and need to know how to close the child form?? or you didn't do it at all!!!!!

Yea I'm a little lost as well - I thought all he needed was
form1.close() or form2.close() or WhateverYourFormsNameIs.Close()

but he needs to code it as well?

sorry i just want to know , my friend told me that u just have to select from PROPERTIES. But i wrote some code for MDI child.

Just confirm this is it possible to make MDI child from another way cause i wrote some code.

Then i cant close the form from menustrip

i try this code as well, but it does not work

Private Sub mainmenuToolStripMenuItem_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles mainmenuToolStripMenuItem.Click
        Me.Show()
        Me.frm2.Close()
    End Sub
Public Class Form2
  Private Sub Form2_Activated(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles MyBase.Activated
    MsgBox("Test")
    Me.BeginInvoke(New MethodInvoker(AddressOf CloseIt))
  End Sub
  Private Sub CloseIt()
    Me.Close()
  End Sub
End Class

Edited 5 Years Ago by Ezzaral: Added code tags. Please use them to format any code that you post.

This question has already been answered. Start a new discussion instead.