can any1 help at all please? i am requried to develop the following number guessing game using VB's winsock. i have no ideas so please help
The system that needs to be developed requires
· Between 3 and 5 clients playing against each other in a fair manner
· two game servers operating in tandem (acting for fault tolerance)
· it is recommended that a ‘super’ control application be used to keep the servers in synchronisation
· the number to be guessed is only to be input at one of the game servers at the start of a game.
· some form of protocol between the various applications must be developed that permits the system to operate
· NO central data stores are permitted
· On each server & client will be a button. Each time this button is pressed it will either turn it on or off (via the use of a global variable within that form). This will permit the actual application to carry on running, but can not send or act upon any messages received.
In the VB we can make use of the split command to split a string
To Split a String
Dim strname As String
strname = "fred$bert$sid$"
message = Split(strname, "$", -1, vbTextCompare)
temp = message(0)
temp1 = message(1)
temp2 = message(2)
The protocol required for this assignment will expect to make use of this type of protocol where the first letter will indicate the function, and any other details will follow with $ separators.